The American Queen steamboat stops in Cape Girardeau | Arts & Culture
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - The American Queen steamboat stopped in Cape Girardeau Tuesday.
It is scheduled to be in downtown Cape Girardeau until 5 p.m. Tuesday.
It will be back on Sunday, then several more times through September.
The Queen is an American steamboat with a capacity of 436 passengers.
The Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau provided the following schedule:
The American Queen and the Queen of the Mississippi will be docking in Cape Girardeau again this summer! While docked, the steamboats offer tours of Cape Girardeau to the passengers. Passengers also have the chance to enjoy our historic downtown area. Note that additional dates have been added due to high river levels up north.
The American Queen with a capacity of 436 passengers will be docked in Cape Girardeau on the following dates:
- Sunday, July 7th from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18th from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21st from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 20th from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, September 8th from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, September 26th from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
The Queen of the Mississippi with a capacity of 150 passengers will be docked in Cape Girardeau on the following dates:
- Sunday, July 7th at 6 p.m. - Monday, July 8th at noon
- Tuesday, July 16th at 7 p.m. - Wednesday, July 17th at noon
- Sunday, September 1st at 6 p.m. - Monday, September 2nd at noon
- Tuesday, October 1st at 7 p.m. - Wednesday, October 2nd at noon
- Sunday, November 3rd at 6 p.m. - Monday, November 4th at noon
The Bureau says all times are "river time," dependent upon the Mighty Mississippi. Unfortunately, they say tours of the steamboats are not available due to security reasons. For more information, you can call the Convention and Visitors Bureau at 573-335-1631.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.