Upcoming blood drives in the Heartland | Community Spirit
(KFVS) - During Red Cross Month, the American Red Cross invites everyone to support their communities by giving blood or platelets, volunteering, taking a class or making a financial donation.
Those involved enable the Red Cross to continue to help people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
Like the emergency room of a hospital, the Red Cross must be prepared to respond to patient needs around the clock. With the generous support of blood donors, the Red Cross can help ensure all patients have the blood products they need, no matter when or where.
Patients of all types regularly need transfusions. A hospital served by the Red Cross recently ordered 50 units of red blood cells and 50 units of plasma for a patient undergoing a liver transplant. Thanks to dedicated Red Cross donors, blood products were readily available for this patient and many others.
To make an appointment to donate blood or for more information about other ways to get involved with the Red Cross, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
- March 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Black River Medical Center, 217 Physicians Park Drive in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
Cape Girardeau County
- March 27 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center, 211 St. Francis Drive in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- March 29 from 1-4 p.m. at Integrity Solution Services Inc., 2102 William in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- March 29 from 8-11 a.m. at U.S. Postal Service, 475 Kell Farm Drive in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- March 30 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ruby Tuesday, 3069 William St. in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- March 19 from 1-5 p.m. at Holcomb High School, 102 Cherry St. in Holcomb, Mo.
- March 27 from 1-6 p.m. at Clarkton High School, Highway 162 in Clarkton, Mo.
- March 18 from 2-7 p.m. at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale West Campus, Lentz Hall in Carbondale, Ill.
- March 22 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Trico High School, Highway 4 in Campbell Hill, Ill.
- March 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Southern Illinois University Carbondale Student Center, 1255 Lincoln Drive in Carbondale, Ill.
- March 26 from 2-6 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 214 W. Main St. in Carbondale, Ill.
- March 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Southern Illinois University Carbondale Student Center, 1255 Lincoln Drive in Carbondale, Ill.
- March 19 from 12-6 p.m. at Perry Park Center, 800 City Park Drive in Perryville, Mo.
- March 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Perry County Memorial Hospital, 434 N. West St. in Perryville, Mo.
- March 21 from 1-6 p.m. at Bunker High School, Highway 72 in Bunker, Mo.
- March 16 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Sikeston Field House, 200 Pine St. in Sikeston, Mo.
- March 23 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Walgreens, 229 N. Main St. in Sikeston, Mo.
- March 18 from 4-8 p.m. at Pleasant Grove Community Church, 13798 E. State Highway H in Dexter, Mo.
- March 21 from 2-6 p.m. at Bell City High School, 25254 Walnut in Bell City, Mo.
- March 23 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church, Highway 34 in Piedmont, Mo.
- March 28 from 12:30-5:30 p.m. at Greenville High School, 178 Walnut St. in Greenville, Mo.
- March 17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, 1500 E. DeYoung St. in Marion, Ill.
- March 18 from 1-6 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 300 S. 17th St. in Herrin, Ill.
- March 27 from 3:30-6:30 p.m. at Pittsburg Freewill Baptist Church, 16891 Pittsburg Road in Pittsburg, Ill.
- March 28 from 1-5 p.m. at Helia Health Care of Energy, 210 College St. in Energy, Ill.