Body of man found in Mississippi River identified | News
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS)- A body has been found in the Mississippi River at Cape Girardeau.
According to Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton, a tow boat operator found the body of 45-year-old Wendell Robinson just south of the Missouri dry dock around 8:44 a.m. Sunday.
Clifton says it appears the body has been in the river for several days. He says the person is believed to have drowned.
Robinson is from the St. Louis area. Clifton says he had been fishing with a friend and his stepson their boat capsized on April 6 near Hartford, Illinois. The other man also drowned.
The investigation is continuing.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cape Girardeau County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sikeston man facing additional charges for alleged violation of protection order
- Man wanted in connected to shooting at Sikeston Eagles
- Sikeston man facing felony domestic violence charges
- Scott City School PTO to host annual dinner auction March 8
- Sikeston Convention, Visitors Bureau hosting photo contest