Photo Gallery | SLIDESHOW: Medical Center welcomes new emergency medicine physicians
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - Saint Francis Medical Center has announced the addition of several physicians to its emergency team.
They say the Emergency and Trauma Center now has the largest emergency team in Southeast Missouri and is the region’s only state-designated Level III Trauma Center.
“Bringing more expertise to an already strong program, this advancement reinforces the Medical Center’s commitment to provide exceptional emergency care for patients and residents of Southeast Missouri,” says Steven C. Bjelich, FACHE-D, President and Chief Executive Officer at Saint Francis. “More people facing critical health issues and crisis situations will have the benefit of remarkable care from skilled experts.”
- Chad Armstrong, DO - Earned his bachelor’s in biology/chemistry from Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, Okla., and his medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences-College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kansas City, Mo. He completed his emergency medicine residency at INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center, Oklahoma City. In his spare time, Armstrong has volunteered on several youth councils and taught Sunday school.
- Lauren Blackwelder, MD - Earned her medical degree from University of Missouri School of Medicine in Columbia and completed her residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at the University of Tennessee in Memphis. She is board certified in internal medicine and pediatrics.
- Brendon Gelford, MD - Obtained his medical degree from, and completed an internship in pediatrics at Loma Linda School of Medicine in Loma Linda, Calif., and completed his residency in emergency medicine at Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, Va. A captain in the U.S. Navy Medical Corps, Gelford most recently served as an emergency medicine physician at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton in California.
- Michael Killen, MD, FACEP - Earned his medical degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tenn., and did an internship in internal medicine at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in Aurora, Colo. He completed his residency in emergency medicine at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, and is board certified in emergency medicine. While serving as a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army from 1989 to 1998, Killen earned numerous honors – including the Bronze Star. He is currently a member of the Army Reserve.
- Ronald Leckie, DO - Earned his medical degree from Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Mo., and completed his internship and residency in emergency medicine at INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center, Oklahoma City. He also trained as a paramedic and emergency medical technician during his undergraduate years. Leckie is board certified in emergency medicine.
- Ronald L. Robinson, MD - Joined Immediate Convenient Care in Perryville. He specializes in urgent care and internal medicine, and has an extensive background in emergency medicine. Robinson earned a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Southeast Missouri State University and his medical degree from Saint Louis University School of Medicine. He completed both his internship and residency in internal medicine at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis.
- Timothy Thomas, DO - Earned his medical degree from Des Moines University in Des Moines, Iowa, and completed a residency in emergency medicine at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. His professional interests include trauma, emergency medical services and ultrasound. Thomas is board certified in emergency medicine.
“These physicians offer a wealth of experience in trauma and emergency situations, as well as extensive knowledge of the medical needs of Southeast Missouri,” says M. Kevin Hammond, MD, emergency medicine physician and medical director of Emergency Medical Services at Saint Francis.
“The patients of this region are fortunate to have access to such skilled and experienced physicians,” says Marilyn Curtis, MSA, Vice President – Professional Services at Saint Francis.
They join a skilled team of emergency and urgent care physicians and trauma surgeons: Jesse D. Hoff, MD; Samuel Ferreri, MD; M. Kevin Hammond, MD; Charles H. Pancoast, MD; Steven D. Rothert, MD; David Schnur, DO; Teena L. Sharrock, MD; Michael P. Heid, DO, MA, FACOS (trauma surgeon); and Orlando V. Morejon, MD (trauma surgeon).
To learn more about Saint Francis Medical Center’s Emergency and Trauma Center, call 573-331-5110.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.